Generally, this rice we are making compulsory on Rakshabandhan as on that day fisherman are celebrating his day as a ”Narlipoornima ” On this day they are worshipping Oceans as well as sea as a gratitude towards it. & i think they are throwing some coconut in the sea water to protect from any evil while they are catching the fish. So to remember this event as a ”Narlipoornima” we are celebrating it here. By making coconut sweet rice.
time prep cook total
20 30 50
Rice * 2 bowls
grated coconut * 1 bowl
ghee * 1/2 bowl
cloves * 4 to 8
caromodom powder * 1 tab
Raisins * 1/2 bowl
cashew nut * 6 to 7
sugar * 1 bowl
channa * 1/2 bowl
- PROCEDURE * You know that i am the crazy lady to celebrate religious program. This item I have made for Ganesh Pooja PRASAD. Really i indulged in this food completely by heart & so it became very very tasty.
- Wash the given rice with clean water. Keep it to cook in a cooker. Take 2 to 3 whistles of the cooker . Now off the gas. Wait to cool it. Take another ingredient for it in a big thali like coconut, raisins, cashew nut, ghee, clove, cardamom powder, sugar etc.
- Open the lid of the cooker slowly, take out tiffin from the cooker, make the rice free with the help of hand or spoon. Don’t crush it while making it free. Now keep the pan on the gas, pour given oil in it, add grated coconut in it. fry it well till brown color appears, add cloves in it, fry it for a small time, now add free rice in it, add channa, sugar, cashew nuts, raisins in it. Stir it well.
- Spread cardamom powder on it & mix it well.
- Taste of this rice becomes as PRASAD in the temple. If we can make it for the Lord it gives very nice taste.