Time for soaking rice 12 hours
Time for soaking rice flour 1 night
time prep cook total
min 30 30 60
serve for 10
INGREDIENTS FOR IDALI
Rice 1 kg
Urad dal 1/4 kg
Fenigreek seeds 2 tabs
sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda 1 tabs
INGREDIENTS FOR SAMBHAR
Toor dal * 2 bowls
Onion * 1 big size [chopped]
Tomato * 2 chopped [middle size]
Garlic * 7 TO 8 flakes
cumin powder 1 tab Ram Bandhu Sambhar masala 2 tabs
chilly powder * 1 tabs
salt * as your convenience
mustard seeds * 2 tabs
oil * 1/2 bowl
Hing * 2 teas
- PROCEDURE FOR IDALI * Take one kg clean rice & 1/4 kg Urad dal ,wash it with clear water & keep for soaking in a sufficient water.
- Now grind it in the mixture as like paste . Add Fenugreek seeds, some granules of sugar in it .
- In the morning when you are making idali add baking soda, salt & stir it. Fermentation of solution takes place automatically & it become light to make idali .
- PROCEDURE FOR SAMBHAR * Take the given amount of Toor dal , keep it to cook in a small cooker with enough water. Wait to get 3 to 4 whistles While cooking dal add turmeric & 1 tabs of oil in it so that evaporation’s didn’t comes out side & Dal can cook smoothly..
- Take down the dal crush it with spoon Nicely , make it as like paste, now add hot water in it
- Meanwhile you can make preparation of sambhar . Cut the onion, tomatoes, make the paste of garlic, keep all ingredients ready to make it.
- Now keep the 2 & half lit water to boil . See the dal is cooked or not.
- Keep the big pot having thick bottom on the gas. Add oil in it , wait to heat it now add cumin’s, mustard seeds, curry leaves, one by one. Add onion fry it for small time add tomatoes fry it well, add cumin powder, sambhar masala, chilly powder , salt, hing paste of garlic . Fry it well till khamang smell spread everywhere .
- At last after frying all ingredients well add dal with hot water, stir it well . Keep it to heat not for boiling . Don’t boil Sambhar more time it reduces taste & smell of Sambhar.